Social media sites are among the best and most cost-effective ways to grow your business and build a loyal online community. Platforms like Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn allow a space for your consumers to interact with your business in a personal, meaningful way. They also allow you to affordably promote your content, products and services.
How to Choose the Right Social Media Sites for Your Business
Know thy target audience. Learn where your consumers are most active on social media and plan your inbound marketing strategy accordingly to meet them where they are.
Become familiar with what your consumers are searching for online, the problems they report and content they engage with most. Stay relevant by providing content and answers that cover these topics and incorporating those into your platform strategies.
Additionally, be open to trying new things and know that it will take some time to fine-tune your strategy. Be patient and take the time to learn the habits of your audience. This will ultimately help you to modify and optimize your plan for the most effective results. (Psst…we can help you with all of this).
Related: Social Media How-To: What Your Business Needs to Succeed
Depending on their type of business and audience, here is a list of some top social media sites we recommend for our clients:
Business-to-consumer companies wishing to engage with their audience and drive sales and interaction visually.
Benefits of Instagram:
- Visual platform geared towards beautiful, eye-catching photos
- Actively engage with followers, such as taking polls or hosting giveaways
- Generate leads and sales with promoted content
Instagram’s popularity increases daily. From IGTV to Stories, there’s no shortage of tools to reach your audience with engaging visual content of your products or services. It’s important to note that posts cannot be made from the desktop version; it’s entirely mobile, so consider this in your management strategy.
Business-to-consumer and business-to-business companies wishing to create open communication with their audience and drive traffic and sales.
Benefits of Facebook:
- Engage your audience with surveys and giveaways
- Build brand credibility and increase visits to your website
- Generate leads and sales by offering something in exchange for contact info
Facebook still takes the cake as the most popular social media network, with 2.41 billion users. Every business should have a Facebook page for sharing photos, contact information and important updates.
Businesses interested in networking with fellow professionals, connecting with potential new hires and establishing their company as an industry leader.
Benefits of LinkedIn:
- Create business-to-business connections
- Generate leads, as 64% of all social referrals to corporate websites are generated on LinkedIn
- Build your brand by positioning yourself as an industry expert to attract corporate interest or investor opportunities
LinkedIn is more professional than other platforms, so it’s the perfect place to post about job opportunities and company culture. A great way to find new talent at little to no extra cost to your company, LinkedIn’s research shows a 73% increase in job recruitment compared to a 15% increase for internet job boards and a 16% decrease for staffing agencies.
Any business, particularly those reaching adults aged 18-49 – which accounts for 80% of YouTube users – looking to share information, tutorials, how-to tips and anything relevant to your business in a more visual, engaging way.
Benefits of YouTube:
- Second-largest search engine in the world, with nearly 2 billion active users
- Dynamic, multi-sensory way to share your content
- Shareable and embeddable format that makes it easy for followers to share your content, expanding your overall reach
YouTube is driven heavily by creativity, so it’s key to have high-quality videos. We are an FAA commercially licensed UAS operator, so we have the ability to take your video marketing to extraordinary heights by producing award-winning results. One way to market on this platform without a channel is through influencer marketing. Oftentimes, businesses will partner with YouTubers for product placement ads.
Increasing your brand awareness, promoting blogs and videos, and increasing your website traffic, particularly with Millennials who account for 80% of Twitter users.
Benefits of Twitter:
- Great for quick customer service response
- Increase brand awareness by actively taking part in conversations relevant to your business
- Keep up with industry trends by following competitors and like-minded businesses
Twitter is perfect for quick updates on news, stories, events and human interest pieces, and connecting to like-minded people. Some companies use this platform to manage customer service claims and establish their unique voice.
Does all of this sound like a daunting task? That’s where we come in. We have social media services to help any business establish a presence and flourish in social networking.
We can help as much or as little as you like, from initial page setup to full-blown management plans complete with daily monitoring, scheduling, customer contact, analytical insights and more. To take the first step in growing your online presence, contact us or call 701.757.2000.