The Missing Link in Your Social Media Strategy
Whether you’re a small B2B start-up with a less-than-extravagant marketing budget, or a large, well-known corporation with offices all over the country, LinkedIn should be an essential part of your social media marketing strategy.
LinkedIn could be nicknamed the “professional Facebook,” a network where professionals can go to seek jobs or employees, attract new sales leads, share and read industry insights, but ultimately to interact, or connect, with others.
Whether your company has yet to build a LinkedIn page, or you have one but rarely interact with it, it’s time to think differently. Don’t let LinkedIn be the missing link in your social media strategy. Let’s review our top five reasons why your business needs a LinkedIn page.
1. Show Your Credibility – First and foremost, LinkedIn is connecting your business with other companies and professionals in your industry and community. With that said, this is your place to shine and show off to them. Show off what you’re great at (like on a Showcase page!), share your opinions, and participate in discussions that reinforce your expertise. Let everyone know how smart you are! You never know, someone who is seeking your services might be reading. For example, SMG recently announced on LinkedIn the addition of two Summit Creative Awards!
2. Find the Talent You’re Looking for – If your company is hiring, or thinking about it, LinkedIn is great for a “first look.” Not only can job seekers reach out to you on LinkedIn, but you can also reach out to them! Since it’s easy to look up a user’s job history, special skills, and mutual contacts, your company can take a proactive approach and start a conversation with those you want to hire! For example, check out Adobe’s LinkedIn page.
3. Deepen Your Knowledge – With the ability to follow as many companies and individuals as you would like, LinkedIn is great for following industry leaders you look up to, your favorite blogs, company updates, white papers, etc. Scrolling through your home feed, you can find content-rich articles in any industry, anywhere in the world, to broaden your knowledge, or to hear another professional’s valued opinion. We often look at Microsoft’s original and empowering articles!
4. Find New Sales Leads – As we mentioned before, LinkedIn is great for connecting with others, especially those in your target market. If your page is consistently offering current updates and original content, new, organic leads will start to come your way. Think of lead prospecting on LinkedIn as word-of-mouth advertising gone digital. It’s still about networking, just with a click of a button!
5. And Yes, it’s Free – Besides the special tools LinkedIn offers, like Sales Lead Generation, this social network is FREE. Free to start, free to use, free of any financial risk. So why not? Connect today!
Are you interested in creating or refining your social media strategy? We can help! When you need professional guidance on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc., SMG can deal with your social anxiety!